That's the main reason why. If hygiene is not an enough reason why you need to bring your own utensils or cutlery set, here are three other reasons:
- Plastic cutlery, made from polystyrene, are not reusable. You can only use them once.
- Plastics are piling up in landfills. Worse part is some plastics are already in our oceans and seas.
- Reusable cutlery minimize your carbon footprint. Carbon Footprint is, by definition, "the amount of carbon dioxide and other carbon compounds emitted due to the consumption of fossil fuels by a particular person, group, etc."
In case you want to invest in buying your own cutlery in which you can carry around, we suggest the Funkutlery! Why should you invest on the Funkultery?
- It's Eco-Friendly: It is made from sustainable recycled wood;
- It's Convenient: It comes with a pouch!;
- It's All-Around: It comes with a spoon, a fork, a knife, pair of chopsticks, bamboo straw, and a bamboo straw cleaner; and
- You Can Personalize it: You can engrave your name on the wooden chip sewed on the pouch.
Either you invest on buying your own cutlery set or bring your house utensils with you, it's okay! The important thing is you free yourself from using single-use plastic utensils or cutlery. If you ought to bring your cutlery to your trips, especially abroad, we do advise you to place the cutlery in your check-in luggage.
It's better to be safe and eco-friendly!