From the parties and reunions we will be attending, let's be reminded that we can be eco-friendly and at the same time enjoy the company of our families and friends.
Here are 5 ways we can do to be eco-friendly during the holidays:
1. Not sure how you can dispose old newspapers, posters, magazines, or even brochures? Recycling is key! You even saved your money from buying gift wrappers.
2. Ditch the single-use plastics and the disposables. Single-use plastics pile up in our landfills, and consequently goes into our oceans and seas.
3. Reduce your carbon footprint to save electricity. Did you know that bulk of our electricity comes from burning coal? Coal emits carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, mercury, arsenic, and benzene--which are all bad for our health and the environment as well.
4. Food should not be wasted. Buy food which you can consume. Wasting food is same as letting our natural resources go to waste.
5. Include "plant a tree" in the to-dos you'll be doing this holiday. Invite family and friends to do it too! It does not only help in fighting climate change, but you also get to hang out with the people you care.